Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend download album
Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! is the fourth studio album by Canadian experimental music group Godspeed You! Black Emperor, released in 2012. After re-forming in 2010, the group went on tour and silently released the album at a concert in Boston on October 1, 2012, with official release dates on October 15 in Europe and the following day in other countries. The album won the 2013 Polaris Music Prize.
Black Emperor since 2002. Featuring two twenty-minute slabs of epic instrumental rock music and two six-and-a-half minute drones, ‘ALLELUJAH! Don’t bend! ASCEND! provides soaring, shining proof of the band’s powerful return to form. The new album presents the fruits of that labour: evolved and definitive versions of two huge compositions previously known to fans as Albanian and Gamelan, now properly titled as MLADIC and WE DRIFT LIKE WORRIED FIRE respectively. Accompanied by the new drones (stitched into the album sequence on CD; cut separately on their own 7″ for the LP version), GYBE have offered up a fifth album that we feel is as absolutely vital, virulent, honest and heavy as anything in their discography. We don’t have much time for mythology, but we’d be lying if we said the return of Godspeed You!
Some copies have "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" printed on a front-cover sticker. The release includes a download code card to be used from 15th October 2012
New Album Releases – download full albums, daily updates! . Posted by NewAlbumReleases. net On October - 13 - 2012. Artist: Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Album: ‘Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend! Released: 2012. Format: MP3 320Kbps, FLAC.
Don’t Bend! Ascend! is the fourth album by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, released in 2012 via Constellation Records. After re-forming in 2010, the group went on tour and silently released the album at a concert in Boston on 1 October 2012, with official release dates on 15 October in Europe and the following day in other countries. Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! Q&A.
When Godspeed You! Black Emperor reassembled to tour in 2011 after nearly a decade off, fans were simultaneously excited and filled with trepidation. Despite the fact that there was precious little new material in the show, the rearrangements of particular tunes from their repertoire proved that they were still well invested in expanding on what they'd built. A few short weeks before its release, GY!BE announced 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend, their first new album in a decade. Now expanded to a nine-piece, the album features four tracks
Black Emperor, their first in 10 years. Two weeks ago came the surprise announcement of a new album by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, their first in 10 years.
|B||We Drift Like Worried Fire||19:58|
|C||Their Helicopters' Sing||6:30|
|D||Strung Like Lights At Thee Printemps Erable||6:31|
- Recorded At – Hotel2Tango
- Mixed At – The Pines
- Mastered At – Grey Market Mastering
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BC79427
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BC79428
- Lacquer Cut At – Optimal Media GmbH
- Artwork [All Other Images By] – Bryant*, Menuck*, Lemieux*
- Artwork [Burnt 16mm Frames By] – Karl Lemieux
- Band [God's Pee Was] – Aidan Girt, Bruce Cawdron, David Bryant, Efrim Manuel Menuck*, Karl Lemieux, Mauro Pezzente, Michael Moya*, Sophie Trudeau, Thierry Amar
- Bass Guitar – Mauro Pezzente
- Drums – Aidan Girt
- Drums, Vibraphone, Marimba, Glockenspiel – Bruce Cawdron
- Electric Bass, Contrabass [Contrebasse], Cello – Thierry Amar
- Electric Guitar – Michael Moya*
- Electric Guitar, Dulcimer, Keyboards [Portasound], Kemenche [Kemençe] – David Bryant
- Electric Guitar, Hurdy Gurdy – Efrim Manuel Menuck*
- Film Director [16-mm Film Projections] – Karl Lemieux
- Lacquer Cut By – HL
- Mastered By – Harris Newman
- Photography By ['Atonal Canada' Photo] – Timothy Herzog*
- Photography By [Burnt 16mm Frames Re-photographed By] – Mr. Yannick Grandmont*
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – Charles-André Coderre
- Recorded By – Howard Bilerman (tracks: A, B)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Bryant* (tracks: C, D), Menuck* (tracks: C, D), Moya* (tracks: C, D), Amar* (tracks: C, D)
- Violin, Keyboards [SK5] – Sophie Trudeau
NotesPrinted On Back Cover:
“Wreck’d us our countrie’s amok torn thru with birds thee sky’s a bruis’d unreckoning thee shore’s bled dry but tepid waters.
To bury the lead in trebl’d biss, thatch the following-
Bucket-Wire, Dung, God’s Pee
Our citie’s grace and pain a stinkin’ wind – a plague of policemen and our dreams, alit, sinking in the harbour thee onlookers’ stare.”
Printed On LP Dust Sleeve:
“What we brought, what we wrought, what we got”
Sides A and B were recorded at thee mighty Hotel2Tango. Sides C and D recorded in concrete jamspace and mixed at The Pines. All of it mastered at Greymarket.
All other images by Bryant or Menuck or Lemiux.
Thanks: Doria, Wilkie, Ilavsky, Hugsam, Tommy W., Mary&Fred&The Great American Music Hall, SI, Timothy H., JEM, D. D'andrea, Latham, Patrick in The Hotel Basement, Pierced Arrows Forever & Anarchopanda.
“Fuck Le Plan Nord. Fuck La Loi 78. Montreal right now forever.”
Printed On Barcode Sticker:
Made in Canada
Printed On Front-cover Sticker:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Pressed on 180-gram virgin vinyl and comes in a tipped-on heavyweight gatefold jacket printed in full-color process, plus a spot-metallic ink and spot-matte varnish. LP dust sleeve is 4-color print, with a center hole cut to display the record label on either side. Package includes a 7" in printed dust sleeve, and a 12" x 48" poster (printed full-color on both sides) featuring a collage of film stills specially-photographed and captured from the GY!BE live 16mm projections.
The artist is credited on the actual release only as "God's Pee", printed on the back cover, spine, and dust sleeve. Some copies have "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" printed on a front-cover sticker.
While noted here as sides A, B, C, D, the center labels list them respectively as sides A1, A2, B1, B2.
The dust sleeve artwork suggests listening in the order of A1, B1, A2, B2, to match the CD pressing.
The release includes a download code card to be used from 15th October 2012.
The YouTube video referenced in the runout groove of side D is "Once Upon a Time in Athens: The Legend of the Riot Dog", showing various photos of Loukanikos, a stray dog that was present at many protests in Greece around 2010.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (On Shrinkwrap, Text): 6 66561 00811 6
- Barcode (On Shrinkwrap, String): 666561008116
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): BC79427-01 A1 HL TWO THOUSAND STONED KIDS WILL BE STOKED
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): BC79427-01 B1 HL TOO BAD THEY DON'T VOTE
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): BC79428-01 A1 HL FOR LOUKANIKOS
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): BC79428-01 B1 HL youtube.com/watch?v=lFd0hztEUWk
|CST081-2||God's Pee*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (CD, Album)||Constellation||CST081-2||Canada||2012|
|none||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! (4xFile, MP3, Album, VBR)||Constellation||none||Germany||2012|
|PCD-17587, CST081-2||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (CD, Album)||P-Vine Records, Constellation||PCD-17587, CST081-2||Japan||2012|
|none||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! (4xFile, AAC, Album)||Constellation||none||2012|
|CST081||Godspeed You! Black Emperor*||'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (4xFile, MP3, Album, 256)||Constellation||CST081||2012|