Gus Mancuso - Gus Mancuso & Special Friends download album
But in the 1950s, Gus Mancuso demonstrated that the baritone horn (which shouldn't be confused with the baritone sax) could, in fact, work as a jazz instrument. Although Mancuso played a variety of other instruments - including trombone, trumpet, vibes, and piano - it was his baritone horn playing that made him one of bop's innovators. Released in 2001, Gus Mancuso & Special Friends reissues two albums that he recorded for Fantasy in the 1950s, Introducing Gus Mancuso and Music From New Faces, back to back on a single CD.
But in the 1950s, Gus Mancuso demonstrated that the baritone horn (which shouldn't be confused with the baritone sax) could, in fact, work as a jazz instrument. Although Mancuso played a variety of other instruments - including trombone, trumpet, vibes, and piano - it was his baritone horn playing that made him one of bop's innovators
Listen to music from Gus Mancuso like The Boston Beguine, A Hatfull Of Dandruff & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Gus Mancuso. Gus Mancuso & Special Friends. Hmm, it looks like we don't know anything about this artist!
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Released at: This album was released on the label Fantasy (catalog number 3233). This album was released in 1986 year. Format of the release is. Vinyl, LP. Album.
For Introducing Gus Mancuso, there were three sessions and three different exceptional groups. On I'm Glad There Is You, The Ruble and the Yen and Goody Goody, the quartet featured Mancuso (bar-hrn), Gerald Wiggins (p), Eugene Wright (b) and Bill Douglass (d). On Ev'ry Time, By the Way, How Do You Like Your Eggs in the Morning and Every Time We Say Goodbye, the quartet included Mancuso (bar-hrn), Eddie Duran (g), Eugene Wright (b) and Cal Tjader (d). Finally, on Brother Aintz, You and Me and Baby Makes Three and A Hatful of Dandruff, the band featured Richie Kamuca (ts), Gus Mancuso. JazzWax tracks: You'll find both albums mentioned above on a single Fantasy release called Gus Mancuso & Special Friends here.
Bassist for Krippled Dogz.
Help improve the Gus Mancuso page. All About Jazz musician pages are maintained by musicians, publicists and trusted members like you. Interested? Tell us why you would like to improve the Gus Mancuso musician page.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||I'm Glad There Is You
Written-By – Dorsey*, Madeira*
Written-By – Gus Mancuso
Written-By – Martin*, Blane*
|4||The Ruble And The Yen
Written-By – Gerald Wiggins
|5||By The Way
Written-By – Young*, Pollock*, White*, Lewis*
|6||And Baby Makes Three
Written-By – Patricia Tjader
Written-By – Mercer*, Malneck*
|8||How Do You Like Your Eggs In The Morning?
Written-By – Brodszky*, Cahn*
|9||A Hatful Of Dandruff
Written-By – Vince Guaraldi
|10||Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
Written-By – Cole Porter
|11||Love Is A Simple Thing
Written-By – Siegal*, Carroll*
Written-By – Siegal*, Carroll*
|13||Scratch My Back
Written-By – Joseph Spinelli
Written-By – Mancuso*
|15||The Boston Beguine
Written-By – Sheldon Harnick
|16||Guess Who I Saw Today
Written-By – Boyd*, Grand*
|17||Love Is Never Out Of Season
Written-By – Brown*, Fain*
|18||I'm In Love With Miss Logan
Written-By – Graham*
- Licensed To – ZYX Music
- Marketed By – ZYX Music
- Distributed By – Ace Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Amigo
- Distributed By – Dargil
- Distributed By – Festival Records
- Distributed By – Nuevos Medios S.A.
- Distributed By – Warner Fonit
- Distributed By – Warner Music France
- Distributed By – ZYX Music GMBH & Co. KG
- Manufactured By – ZYX Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Published By – Anne-Rachel Music
- Published By – Chappell & Co.
- Published By – Cireco
- Published By – Cireco Music
- Published By – Delta R&E
- Published By – EMI Feist Catalog
- Published By – Fain Music
- Published By – Malneck Music
- Published By – Morley Music
- Published By – Palmina Music
- Published By – Sony/ATV Tunes LLC
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – WB Music
- Remastered At – Fantasy Studios
- Glass Mastered At – ZYX Mastering
- Art Direction – Jamie Putnam
- Bass – Gene Wright* (tracks: 1 to 10), Red Mitchell (tracks: 11 to 18)
- Drums – Bill Douglass (tracks: 1, 4, 7), Buddy Greve (tracks: 11 to 18), Cal Tjader (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 to 10)
- Featuring – Bill Douglass , Buddy Greve, Cal Tjader, Eddie Duran, Gene Wright*, Gerald Wiggins, Joe Romano , Pete Jolly, Red Mitchell, Richie Kamuca, Vince Guaraldi
- Guitar – Eddie Duran (tracks: 3, 5, 8, 10)
- Horn [Baritone Horn] – Gus Mancuso
- Liner Notes – John O'Cashell Boyle O'Sullivan, Ralph J. Gleason
- Piano – Gerald Wiggins (tracks: 1, 4, 7), Pete Jolly (tracks: 11 to 18), Vince Guaraldi (tracks: 2, 6, 9)
- Remastered By – Kirk Felton
- Tenor Saxophone – Joe Romano (tracks: 11 to 18), Richie Kamuca (tracks: 2, 6, 9)
NotesMade in Germany.
#1-10 recorded June and November 1956 and originally released as Gus Mancuso - Introducing Gus Mancuso (Fantasy 3233);
#11-18 recorded April 22, 1958 and released as Gus Mancuso - Music From New Faces (Fantasy 3282).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 090204970940
- Mastering SID Code: ZYX MASTERING FCD 24762-2
- Rights Society: BIEM / GEMA
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Label Code: LC 00720
- Other: DIDX-071998
- Other (SPARS Code): AAD