Stargard - Stargard download album
Stargard is the self titled debut album of the girl group Stargard released in 1978 by MCA Records. The album rose to numbers 12 & 26 upon the Top R&B Albums and Billboard 200 charts respectively. The album cut "Which Way Is Up" rose to numbers 1, 12 & 21 upon the Billboard Hot R&B Songs, Dance Club Songs and Hot 100 charts respectively. Which Way Is Up" also got to No. 19 upon the UK Singles chart.
5. The Theme From "Which Way Is Up" Lyrics.
When Stargard soared to number one on the R&B singles charts with "Theme From 'Which Way Is Up'" in late 1977, the female trio was hyped as "the next Labelle" - and Rochelle Runnells, Debra Anderson, and Janice Williams also found themselves being compared to the Pointer Sisters. Labelle and the Pointer Sisters are, in fact, valid comparisons because Stargard was among the grittier female R&B groups to emerge in the late 1970s.
Stargard Studio album by StargardReleased 1978 (1978)Genre R&BsoulLabel MCA RecordsProducer Mark DavisStargard chronology Stargard(1978). The album cut Which Way Is Up rose to numbers 1, 12 & 21 upon the Billboard Hot R&B Songs, Dance Club Songs and Hot 100 charts respectively Track listing.
This album has an average beat per minute of 104 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 104/104 BPM). See the BPM profile of this album. Tracklist - Stargard.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – D. Anderson*, J. Williams*, R. Runnells*
Arranged By [Strings] – Dave Blumberg*Written-By – R. Runnells*
|A3||Love Is So Easy
Arranged By [Strings] – Gene PageWritten-By – R. Runnells*
Written-By – C. Jackson*, M. Yancy*
|B1||Theme From "Which Way Is Up"
Written-By – N. Whitfield*
Written-By – N. Whitfield*
|B3||I'll Always Love You
Arranged By [Strings] – Dave Blumberg*Written-By – M. Davis*
Written-By – M. Davis*, M. Nash*
- Record Company – Fonogram, S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – Cofasa
- Printed By – Gráficas Foco, S.A.
- Produced At – Doctor Rock Productions, Inc.
- Distributed By – Fonogram, S.A.
- Art Direction – George Osaki
- Bass – Joe Brown , Lequeint Jobe*, Mark Kenoly, Tiaz Palmer
- Congas – Terral Santiel
- Design – Norman Moore
- Drums – James Gadson, Jimmy Valdez
- Engineer – Leanard Jackson, Sergio Reyes*, Steve Maslow, Steve Smith
- Guitar – Isy Martin, Kenji Brown, Melvin "Wah Wah" Ragin*
- Photography By – Jennifer Griffiths
- Piano – Dean Gant, Sonny Burke , Victor Nix
- Piano, Clavinet, Organ – Walter Downing
- Piano, Synthesizer [Arp] – Michael Nash
- Producer, Arranged By, Mastered By – Mark Davis
- Saxophone – Michael Moore
- Tambourine – Jack Ashford
- Trumpet – Fred Dunn*, Kenny Copeland
- Vocals – Debra Anderson, Janice Williams, Rochelle Runnells
Notes(P) 1977, 1978 MCA Records, Inc.
Pressed In Spain By Cofasa
Imp. Lujo A Met. Permiso Nº 6421
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): 63 28 854 - A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): 63 28 854 - B
- Other (Depósito legal): M.2949-1978
- Rights Society: SGAE
|MCA-2321||Stargard||Stargard (LP, Album)||MCA Records||MCA-2321||US||1978|
|MCA-2321||Stargard||Stargard (LP, Album)||MCA Records||MCA-2321||Turkey||Unknown|
|14C 062-60477||Stargard||Stargard (LP, Album)||MCA Records||14C 062-60477||Greece||1978|
|MCAT-2321||Stargard||Stargard (8-Trk, Album)||MCA Records||MCAT-2321||US||1978|
|MH-7290||Stargard||Stargard (LP, Album)||Pop||MH-7290||Taiwan||1978|