Philip Glass - Akhnaten download album
Libretto by Philip Glass in association with Shalom Goldman, Robert Israel and Richard Riddell. Vocal text drawn from original sources by Shalom Goldman. Recorded at Karlshohe Church & Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, Germany. Other Versions (5 of 7) View All. Cat.Akhnaten (2xCD, Album + Box). CBS Masterworks, CBS Masterworks. Akhnaten (2xCD, Album, RE, RM, Box).
Akhnaten (2xCD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial). Akhnaten (3xCass, Album).
Songs in album Philip Glass - Akhnaten (1987). 1. Act I - Prelude: Refrain, Verse 1, Verse 2. Philip Glass. 10:45 320 Кб/с 238. 2.
More albums from Philip Glass: Kundun (Music From The Original Soundtrack) by Philip Glass. Violin Concerto, Concerto Grosso No. 5 by Philip Glass. Cute by Philip Glass. Glass Organ Works – Music Of Philip Glass by Philip Glass. View all albums . Akhnaten. 4. Scene 2: The Coronation Of Akhnaten. 5. Scene 3: The Window Of Appearances. 6. Scene 1: The Temple. 7. Scene 2: Akhnaten & Nefertiti. 8. Scene 3: The City.
As with Satyagraha, he opted for a relatively traditional orchestration, with only Michael Riesman's electric keyboards supplementing the standard instrumentation, and with six main voices deployed in various configurations.
On this page you can listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. Release title: Philip Glass - Akhnaten. Photo of Philip Glass - Akhnaten. More albums of Philip Glass: Koyaanisqatsi. Genre is Electronic Classical. This album was released on the label CBS (catalog number M3 42457). This album was released in 1987 year.
Akhnaten is an opera in three acts based on the life and religious convictions of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV), written by the American composer Philip Glass in 1983. The libretto is by Philip Glass in association with Shalom Goldman, Robert Israel, Richard Riddell and Jerome Robbins. Akhnaten was commissioned by Württembergische Staatstheater, Stuttgart and had its world premiere on March 24, 1984, at the Stuttgart State Theatre, under the German title Echnaton
Music by Philip Glass. March 24, 1984, Württembergisch Staatstheater Stuttgart conducted by Dennis Russell Davies. The third in the Glass’ trilogy of operas about men who changed the world in which they lived through the power of their ideas, Akhnaten ‘s subject is religion. The Pharaoh Akhnaten was the first monotheist in recorded story, and his substitution of a one-god religion for the multi-god worship in use when he came to power was responsible for his violent overthrow. The opera describes the rise, reign, and fall of Akhnaten in a series of tableaus.
|Act I: Year 1 Of Akhnaten's Reign ● Thebes|
|1-1||Prelude: Refrain, Verse 1, Verse 2||10:44|
|1-2||Prelude: Verse 3||0:40|
|1-3||Scene 1: Funeral Of Amenhotep III||8:59|
|1-4||Scene 2: The Coronation Of Akhnaten||17:15|
|1-5||Scene 3: The Window Of Appearances||9:03|
|Act II: Year 5 To 15 ● Thebes And Akhenaten|
|1-6||Scene 1: The Temple||12:47|
|1-7||Scene 2: Akhnaten And Nefertiti||10:10|
|2-1||Scene 3: The City ● Dance (Beginning)||2:30|
|2-2||Scene 3: The City ● Dance (Conclusion)||5:10|
|2-3||Scene 4: Hymn||13:35|
|Act III: Year 17 And The Present ● Akhenaten|
|2-4||Scene 1: The Family||11:36|
|2-5||Scene 2: Attack & Fall||7:43|
|2-6||Scene 3: The Ruins||7:28|
|2-7||Scene 4: Epilogue||10:37|
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Disques S.A.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
- Recorded At – Kirche der Karlshöhe, Ludwigsburg
- Recorded At – Tonstudio Bauer
- Recorded At – The Living Room
- Remixed At – The Living Room
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Alto Vocals [Nefertiti] – Milagro Vargas
- Alto Vocals [The Daughters Of Akhnaten] – Angelika Schwarz, Christina Wächtler, Geraldine Rose
- Baritone Vocals [Horemhab] – Tero Hannula
- Bass Vocals [Aye] – Cornelius Hauptmann
- Chorus – The Stuttgart State Opera Chorus
- Chorus Master – Ulrich Eistert
- Conductor – Dennis Russell Davies
- Conductor [Assistant] – Anton Zapf
- Countertenor Vocals [Akhnaten] – Paul Esswood
- Engineer – Carlos Albrecht, Johannes Wohlleben, Martin Wieland
- Engineer [Digital] – Paul Cameron
- Engineer [The Living Room] – Don Christensen, Miles Green
- Libretto By – Philip Glass
- Libretto By [In Association With] – Richard Riddell, Robert Israel, Shalom Goldman
- Liner Notes – Philip Glass, Shalom Goldman
- Management [Location Manager] – Eva Bauer Oppelland*
- Mastered By – Bill Kipper
- Music By – Philip Glass
- Narrator [Scribe] – David Warrilow
- Orchestra – The Stuttgart State Opera Orchestra
- Photography By – Horst Huber
- Producer – Kurt Munkacsi, Michael Riesman
- Score Editor [Score Analysis] – Martin Goldray
- Soprano Vocals [Queen Tyre] – Melinda Liebermann
- Soprano Vocals [The Daughters Of Akhnaten] – Lynne Wilhelm-Könige, Maria Koupilová-Ticha, Victoria Schneider
- Technician [Location Equipment] – Reiner Oppelland
- Tenor Vocals [Amon High Priest] – Helmut Holzapfel
- Text By [Vocal Text Drawn From Original Sources] – Shalom Goldman
NotesAn opera in three acts for orchestra, chorus and soloists.
Recorded at Karlshöhe Church and Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, West Germany.
Additional Recording and Remix: The Living Room, New York, NY.
Record mastered at Masterdisk, New York, NY.
World premiere - Stuttgart State Opera, March 3, 1984
© 1987 CBS Inc./℗ 1987 CBS Inc.
Printed In The Netherlands, Box Made In West Germany, CD's Made In Austria.
Boxset includes a double CD jewel case and a 100-page booklet. Cat no. appears as 42457 only on booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (text): 5 099704 245720
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): 1-CDM2K-42457 31
- Matrix / Runout (CD1 Pressing Code): A5
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): 2-CDM2K-42457 23
- Matrix / Runout (CD2 Pressing Code): A5
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0149
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Distribution Code: CB 783
- Other (CBS Code): 01-042457-10
|M2K 42457||Philip Glass||Akhnaten (2xCD, Album)||CBS||M2K 42457||US||1987|
|AN-2125||Philip Glass||Akhnaten (2xCD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial)||ArsNova||AN-2125||Russia||2000|
|M3T 42457||Philip Glass||Akhnaten (3xCass, Album)||CBS||M3T 42457||US||1987|
|M3 42457||Philip Glass||Akhnaten (3xLP + Box)||CBS||M3 42457||Netherlands||1987|
|SM2K87974||Philip Glass||Akhnaten (2xCD, Album, RE, RM, Box)||Sony Classical||SM2K87974||UK||2003|