Monstrance - Monstrance download album
But Monstrance sound nothing like Ornette Coleman or Cecil Taylor either. Like free jazz, it's often difficult music - no place more so than the lengthy, meandering, tentative opening track, "I Lovely Cosmonaut" - but stick it out and accept it on its own terms, and it bears more riches than it has a right to. That is, when it doesn't get mired in its own muck, unable to find a way out. Monstrance, for better and worse, never stays in one place for long. Monstrance - though there is no denying the intelligence and probing inquisitiveness that went into it - is not for casual listening, it's not party music, and it isn't a whole lot of fun.
After several false starts and then my life threatening illness, I'm so excited to be finally getting this underway.
|1-1||I Lovely Cosmonaut||10:35|
|1-3||Black Swan Black||12:41|
|2-4||The Floating World||4:10|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ape House Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Ape House Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music
- Published By – Bug Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Recorded At – Headroom Studio, Swindon
- Glass Mastered At – Hiltongrove Multimedia, London
- Artwork [Packaging Art] – Andrew Swainson, AP*
- Drums, Percussion – Martyn Barker
- Guitar – Andy Partridge
- Keyboards – Barry Andrews
- Recorded By [Recording Engineer], Mixed By [Mixing Engineer] – Merv Carswell, Stuart Rowe
Notes"This music was improvised and recorded live in the Headroom Studio at Swindon New College on the 17th December 2005, and the 13th and 14th February 2006. There was no rehearsal or discussion about key, tempo or feel and no overdubbing; It just came out like this"
"Special thanks to Mitch Keen for filming and general assistance."
Packaged in two individual jewel cases slid into a transparent-plastic printed cover. This regular release is orange; a limited edition CD was issued with the same catalog number, and identical musical content, but printed with blue instead of orange.
A limited number of copies bought from the Ape House website are autographed by Andrews, Barker and Partridge on the inlay-card of CD2.
Track times are not on the release, but read from media-player.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 881626410226
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): HILTONGROVE MULTIMEDIA HIL HGCD4795_96
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): HILTONGROVE MULTIMEDIA HIL HGCD4795 96-2
- Mastering SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI LP76
|APE CD 017||Monstrance||Monstrance (2xCD, Album, Ltd)||Ape House||APE CD 017||UK||2007|