The Datsuns - The Datsuns download album
The Datsuns is the self-titled debut album of the New Zealand hard rock band The Datsuns. It was released in 2002 and had three songs which had previously appeared on 7" singles: "Sittin' Pretty", "Fink For The Man" and "Lady". A music video was produced for "In Love", which consists of a black and white concert footage of the song's performance. On the 2003 revival of Headbangers Ball, hosted by Metallica, drummer Lars Ulrich praised The Datsuns before playing "In Love". Sittin' Pretty" 3:02.
Never mind the garage punk, here comes the cock rock revival in the form of New Zealand's Datsuns and their alternately righteous and ridiculous self-titled debut. While the group has been associated with the Strokes, the Hives, and the White Stripes, this isn't exactly accurate - though the Datsuns are very much a "return to rock," the rock they return to, and how they return to it, is considerably different
Profile: Rock band from Cambridge, New Zealand, formed in 2000 by Dolf de Borst (vocals, bass), Phil Buscke (guitar), Matt Osment (drums) and Christian Livingstone (guitar).
The Datsuns come from New Zealand and play simple but genuine rock 'n roll. On this Untitled debut album The Datsuns 10 numbers go full throttle with simple but effective guitar riffs that sometimes seem straight from AC/DC copied but still just slightly more looser and just a little dirtier. Furthermore do the four gentlemen mainly think of The Strokes, Danko Jones, Zen Guerilla and compatriots The D4.
You've heard this album before then, but it's never sounded quite this crazed and pressed for time. 60. The Datsuns re-create the sound of a beer- and weed-fueled Saturday night in 1973, borrowing and blending the revving guitar riffs and choked, macho vocals of Thin Lizzy, Bad Company,. 38 Special, and on occasion, the hornier side of Led Zeppelin.
The Datsuns Tracklist. 1. Sittin' Pretty Lyrics.
It would've been a hit if it were sung by Justin Timberlake on a slick Neptunes beat, or Tim McGraw in laminated Nashville; the energy is inherent. The Datsuns don't have exuberance imbedded in their material, they just have in-quotes "attitude" and songs called "Motherfucker from Hell" and "Fink for the Man" recorded in a tar pit.
Listen free to The Datsuns – The Datsuns (Sittin' Pretty, MF From Hell and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. A new version of Last. Overview (current section).
The Datsuns" is the self-titled debut album of the New Zealand hard rock band of the same name. It was released in 2002 and had three songs which previously appeared on 7" singles: "Sittin' Pretty," "Fink For The Man," and "Lady. A music video was produced for "In Love," which consists of a black & white concert footage of the song's performance. On the 2003 revival debut of "Headbangers Ball", hosted by Metallica, drummer Lars Ulrich praised The Datsuns before playing "In Love.
|2||MF From Hell||3:33|
|5||What Would I Know||5:35|
|6||At Your Touch||3:30|
|7||Fink For The Man||4:34|
|9||You Build Me Up (To Bring Me Down)||4:14|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hellsquad Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Hellsquad Records Ltd.
- Licensed To – V2 Music Ltd.
- Pressed By – EDC Blackburn Ltd
- Recorded At – Rak Studios
- Recorded At – York Street Studios
- Recorded At – Revolver Studios
- Recorded At – Downbeat Studios
- Mixed At – Konk Studios
- Mixed At – Downbeat Studios
- Mixed At – Roundhouse Studios
- Mastered At – Transfermation
- Backing Vocals – Carrie Ann, Dee Datsun, Igor De Borst, Marcie Bolen, Sonic Newth
- Mastered By – Noel Summerville
- Mixed By – Liam Watson, Nick Abbot* (tracks: 6, 9), Richard Woodcraft, The Datsuns
- Performer [The Datsuns] – Christian Datsun, Dolf de Datsun, Matt Datsun, Phil Datsun
- Photography By – Ian Blink
- Recorded By – Liam Watson, Nick Abbot* (tracks: 2, 6, 9), Richard Woodcraft
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Sonic Newth (tracks: 3)
NotesRecorded at Rak May 2002
Mixed at Konk June/July 2002
Tracks 2/6/9 recorded at York St & Revolver June/July 2002
Track 3 recorded and mixed at Downbeat April 2001
Track 2 mixed at Roundhouse August 2002
Mastered At Transfermation August 2002
Track 7 originally appeared on Hellsquad 003, 7" single released May 2001
Track 3 & 2 originally appeared on Hellsquad 004, 7" single released December 2001
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5033197209623
- Matrix / Runout: EDC Blackburn Ltd WR1020962
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (Matrix ring): IFPI 04AA
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0414
- Rights Society: BIEM/ncb/mcps/GEMA/SACEM/BIEM/SDRM/SACD/SGDL/STEMRA/SIAE
- Label Code: LC 01801
- Other (Distribution Code): 707.2096.2
- Price Code: CB 791
|VVR1020962||The Datsuns||The Datsuns (CD, Album)||V2||VVR1020962||Europe||2002|
|HS009||The Datsuns||The Datsuns (CD, Album, RE)||Hellsquad Records||HS009||Australia & New Zealand||2009|
|IF001CD, HS009||The Datsuns||The Datsuns (2xCD, Album, Enh, Ltd)||In-Fidelity, Hellsquad Records||IF001CD, HS009||Australia||2002|
|IF001CD||The Datsuns||The Datsuns (CD, Album)||In-Fidelity||IF001CD||Australia||2002|
|82876 50800 2||The Datsuns||The Datsuns (CD, Album)||BMG Russia, Hellsquad Records, V2||82876 50800 2||Russia||2002|