Perelman, Stein - Spiritual Prayers download album
Photography By – Peter Gannushkin. Producer – Ivo Perelman, Leo Feigin. Recorded By, Mixed By, Mastered By – Jim Clouse (2). Tenor Saxophone – Ivo Perelman. Recorded, mixed and mastered at Parkwest studios, Brooklyn NY, June 2018.
Spiritual Prayers is the second album tenor saxophone player Ivo Perelman has completed over a short period in his quest to record with bass clarinet purists. Shortly after issuing the two-disc Kindred Spirits in August 2018 with Rudi Mahall – an exceptional listening experience – Perelman recorded a single album with Jason Stein. The bass clarinetist plays in the Chicago scene and leads the trio Locksmith and his own quartet; he is also a major part of projects Nature Work and Hearts and Minds
Ivo Perelman Jason Stein. Spiritual Prayers (2018). Ivo Perelman Jason Stein - Spiritual Prayers. Quality: 192 Kbits/sec. Bitrate (quality): 192. mp3. 1. Pt. 6:50.
This is an excellent meeting between tenor saxophonist Ivo Perelman and bass clarinet player Jason Stein. Their approach to free music is complementary and they create a continuously interesting and thought provoking album.
1. Untitled 6:50 2. Untitled 8:02 3. Untitled 7:54 4. Untitled 2:12 5. Untitled 9:01 6. Untitled 9:06 7. Untitled 8:59 8. Untitled 6:42. Bass Clarinet – Jason Stein Tenor Saxophone – Ivo Perelman. Leo Records – CD LR 842 (UK). Thanks to snobb for the addition. No release results found : showing artist results instead. Reverie Leo Records UK 2014.
Cover of Ivo Perelman and Jason Stein album Spiritual Prayers. Spiritual Prayers, with Stein, is definitely the more extreme session, at least in terms of technique. When he’s playing quietly, as on the album’s opening statement, Stein’s sound offers the sort of well-mannered warmth you’d expect of a chamber musician, but by the end, he’s delivered the full range of honks, shrieks, and multiphonics, with Perelman answering in kind. If you like your free jazz unconventional, this is the one for you; another track consists of the two playing mouthpieces alone.
Artist : Ivo Perelman & Jason Stein. Released : 2018-08-23. Ivo Perelman & Jason Stein. Blue Monk Variations. Bendito of Santa Cruz. Michael Bisio & Whit Dickey). The Art of the Improv Trio, Vol. 5. 6.
The second recordig by Ivo Perelman with a "purist" bass clarinet player. This time he is Chicago based Jason Stein, the virtuoso and the leader of several of his groups. Says Ivo: "With Rudi Mahall we connected by being foreigners; both of us were influenced by jazz but experienced a lot of non-American music growing up. With Jason there is this Jewish spirituality - or really, an overall spirituality. This is how we connected musically, it's how we responded to each other
- Recorded At – Park West Studios
- Mixed At – Park West Studios
- Mastered At – Park West Studios
- Bass Clarinet – Jason Stein
- Design – Tom Beckham
- Liner Notes [English] – Neil Tesser
- Photography By [Cover Photograph Of Ivo Perelman And Jason Stein By] – Peter Gannushkin
- Producer [Produced By] – Ivo Perelman, Leo Feigin
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Mastered By – Jim Clouse
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax] – Ivo Perelman
NotesRecorded, mixed and mastered at Parkwest studios, Brooklyn NY, June 2018
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 024792 084227 >
- Label Code: LC 5417