The Police - Live! download album
Live! is a live album by The Police, released in 1995 on compact disc and cassette tape. It is the first live album of the band, and the only one covering the period when it was active. A live album from the reunion tour, Certifiable: Live in Buenos Aires, would be released in 2007). According to Andy Summers, the idea of releasing an album of live material by The Police went back as far as 1982. Up until that point, a few live tracks had only surfaced on B-sides and compilations such as Urgh!
Live ! (Cassette One) (Cass, Album). Live! (2xCD, Album). A&M Records, Globo Polydor. Live! (2xCD, Album, Club).
More albums from The Police: Certifiable (Live In Buenos Aires) by The Police. In Concert-196 by The Police. Synchronicity by The Police. Reggatta De Blanc by The Police. View all albums . Live!
Live! was an album by The Police, released in 1995. Disc one contains almost the complete concert on 27 November 1979 at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston, Massachusetts. Disc two contains excerpts from two concerts on 2–3 November 1983 in Atlanta, Georgia at The Omni during the Synchronicity tour for the album of the same name. The 1983 shows were also featured in the 1984 Synchronicity Concert VHS and the 2005 DVD release.
It took until 1985 for a live Police album to be released, but when it came it proved to have been worth the wait. This double live CD captured two shows in the States, some four years apart. Catch the band in their early days at a show at the Boston Orpheum in 1979 and then compare and contrast to a Synchronicity-era performance at Atlanta's Omni Auditorium. Arguably, the first disc is the most interesting as it captures the band in their first flushes of success. The band had been Stateside regulars building up a loyal following as they gigged doggedly around the clubs.
The first CD was recorded back in 1979 in Boston, for an FM broadcast during the tour for their second album, Reggatta de Blanc, while the second disc is from their final tour in 1983 during a tour stop in Atlanta. While the first disc is excellent - it captures the Police at their most frantic and energetic - the second disc is pretty darn uninspired (Sting's vocals in particular), as evidenced by the unnecessary and annoying backup singers that are detected throughout.
Live!" was an album by The Police, released in 1995. Disc one contains almost the complete concert on November 27, 1979 at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston, Massachusetts. Disc two contains excerpts from two concerts on November 13 & 14, 1983 in Atlanta, Georgia at The Omni in the wake of the "Synchronicity" album. The 1983 shows were also featured in the 2005 Synchronicity Concert DVD release.
Features Song Lyrics for The Police's Live! album. Hole In My Life Lyrics. The Police Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular The Police Lyrics.
|Orpheum WBCN / Boston Broadcast|
|1-01||Next To You||2:58|
|1-03||Truth Hits Everybody||2:33|
|1-04||Walking On The Moon||4:59|
|1-05||Hole In My Life||4:08|
|1-07||Bring On The Night||5:16|
|1-08||Message In A Bottle||4:27|
|1-09||The Bed's Too Big Without You||8:52|
|1-12||Can't Stand Losing You||7:54|
|1-14||Born In The 50's||4:18|
|1-15||Be My Girl / Sally||4:51|
|Atlanta / Synchronicity Concert|
|2-03||Walking In Your Footsteps||4:55|
|2-04||Message In A Bottle||4:35|
|2-05||O My God||3:36|
|2-06||De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da||4:32|
|2-07||Wrapped Around Your Finger||5:21|
|2-08||Tea In The Sahara||4:52|
|2-09||Spirits In The Material World||2:57|
|2-10||King Of Pain||5:53|
|2-11||Don't Stand So Close To Me||3:46|
|2-12||Every Breath You Take||4:37|
|2-14||Can't Stand Losing You||6:48|
- Recorded At – Orpheum Theatre
- Recorded At – The Omni
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records Ltd.
- Art Direction, Design – Norman Moore
- Backing Vocals – Dolette McDonald (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15), Michelle Cobbs (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15), Tessa Niles (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jun Murakawa (tracks: 2-8)
- Engineer [Mix] – Eddie King (tracks: 2-8), Wolfgang Amadeus (tracks: 2-01 to 2-07, 2-09 to 2-15)
- Engineer [Recording] – Eddie Offord* (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15)
- Executive-Producer – Miles Copeland , The Police
- Management – Kim Turner, Miles Copeland
- Mastered By – David Collins*
- Mixed By [Original Mix Assistant] – Chris Stone (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15)
- Mixed By [Originally] – Pete Smith (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15), Tim Summerhayes (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15)
- Performer – Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland, Sting
- Photography By – Jill Furmanovsky, Lynn Goldsmith
- Producer – Andy Summers
- Recorded By – WBCN
- Remix [Final] – David Tickle (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15)
- Technician [Post Audio] – Bob Predovich (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15), Paul Massey (tracks: 2-01 to 2-15)
- Written-By – A. Summers* (tracks: 1-15), S. Copeland* (tracks: 1-06, 1-10, 1-13), Sting (tracks: 1-01 to 1-05, 1-07 to 1-15, 2-01 to 2-15)
NotesThe Orpheum concert was recorded and broadcast live by WBCN, Boston in November 1979.
The Synchronicity concert was originally recorded at The Omni in Atlanta in November 1983.
This compilation ℗1995 A&M Records Ltd, London.
©1995 A&M Records Ltd, London.
Country of manufacture as stated on label.
Both discs are printed in the same red color, as opposed to several other releases where the second disc is printed in yellow.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 31454 02222 4
- Barcode (Scanned): 731454022224
- Other (Individual # CD1): 540 373-2
- Other (Individual # CD2): 540 374-2
- Price Code: PY 926
- Rights Society: BIEM / STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0485
- SPARS Code: add
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, variant 1): 540 373_2 00 L7 1-A PMDC FRANCE
- Mastering SID Code (CD1, variant 1): IFPI L004
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, variant 1): [ifpi logo] 0225
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variant 1): 540 374_2 00 L7 1 * A PMDC FRANCE
- Mastering SID Code (CD2, variant 1): IFPI L004
- Mould SID Code (CD 2, variant 1): IFPI 0211
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, variant 2): 540 373_2 00 L7 1-A PMDC FRANCE
- Mastering SID Code (CD1, variant 2): IFPI L004
- Mould SID Code (CD1, variant 2): IFPI 0227
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, variant 2): 540 374_2 00 L7 1 * C PMDC FRANCE
- Mastering SID Code (CD2, variant 2): IFPI L004
- Mould SID Code (CD2, variant 2): IFPI 0211
|31454 0222 2||The Police||Live! (2xCD, Album)||A&M Records||31454 0222 2||US||1995|
|CS 500222-A, CS 500222-B, CS 500222-A FL0 1, CS 50||The Police||Live! (2xCass, Album, Club, CrO)||A&M Records, A&M Records, A&M Records, A&M Records||CS 500222-A, CS 500222-B, CS 500222-A FL0 1, CS 50||Canada||1995|
|493 657-2||The Police||Live! (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||A&M Records||493 657-2||Europe||2003|
|LON/AM 50-507||The Police||Live! (2xCass, Album)||A&M Records||LON/AM 50-507||Bolivia||1995|
|210751||The Police||Live! (2xCD, Album)||A&M Records||210751||Venezuela||1995|