Bob James - Heads download album
Heads is the fifth album by jazz musician Bob James, released in October 1977. It was his first album released on his newly formed Tappan Zee label, which was distributed at the time by Columbia Records. All of his Tappan Zee albums (which includes his CTI back-catalog) are now distributed by E1 Music. The album reached number one on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart. Heads" (Bob James) – 6:40. We're All Alone" (Boz Scaggs) – 5:33. I'm in You" (Peter Frampton) – 6:48. Night Crawler" (Bob James) – 6:20.
Heads (LP, Album, Gat). Tappan Zee Records, Columbia. Heads (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap). This album is dope, way better than that snoozefest Touchdown which came out a year later. It doesnt have a hit like "Angela" on it but makes up for it with a solid track list from beginning to end. Its sample city, if your into that, and a good throwback in Bobs discography! I definately recommend! Every pressing Ive ever heard sounds good, but the best Ive heard is the Japanese CBS pressing from the 70's. It's cheap and easy to find too. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Heads is the fifth album by jazz musician Bob James. Released in Winter of 1977, the album charted at number one on the Jazz Album Charts.
Tracklist: 1. Heads, 2. We’re All Alone, 3. I’m In You, 4. Night Crawler, 5. You Are So Beautiful, 6. One Loving Night. More albums from Bob James: Rameau by Bob James. All Around The Town by Bob James. Two Of A Kind by Bob James. One On One by Bob James. The Swan by Bob James. View all albums . Heads.
Heads Album par Bob James Sortie 1977 Genre Jazz, Smooth jazz Label Warner Bros Albums d. Bob James - ( 25. Dezember 1939 in Marshall/Missouri) ist ein US amerikanischer Pianist, Keyboarder und Arrangeur.
Ironically, the more clichéd and boring Bob James' albums became, the more they sold. Fluff-oriented dates like BJ4 were major hits in the steadily growing "quiet storm" market, and the keyboardist wasn't about to tamper with the formula he had perfected. With the calculated Heads, he once again threw creativity and artistic integrity to the wind and gave his audience exactly what he thought it wanted: lightweight, innocuous pop/jazz that functioned primarily as background music
Heads (Bob James album). Heads is the fifth album by jazz musician Bob James.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – Alphonso JohnsonClavinet, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Piano, Synthesizer [Oberheim Polyphonic], Bells [Oberheim Polyphonic Tinkle Bells] – Bob JamesDrums – Steve GaddWritten-By – Bob James
|A2||We're All Alone
Bass – Alphonso JohnsonDrums – Steve GaddElectric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Piano, Synthesizer [Oberheim Polyphonic] – Bob JamesKeyboards [Acoustic Rhythm] – Richard TeeVibraphone [Vibes] – Michael Mainieri*Written-By – Boz Scaggs
|A3||I'm In You
Bass – Will LeeDrums – Alan Schwartzberg*Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [Oberheim Polyphonic, Arp Odyssey], Clavinet – Bob JamesGuitar – Jeff Layton, Jeff MironovSaxophone [Alto Sax] – Dave Sanborn*Written-By – Peter Frampton
Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [Oberheim Polyphonic] – Bob JamesGuitar [Electric] – Eric GaleSaxophone [Alto Sax] – Dave Sanborn*Written-By – Bob James
|B2||You Are So Beautiful
Guitar – Eric GalePiano – Bob JamesSaxophone [Soprano Sax] – Grover Washington, Jr.Vocals – Gwen Guthrie, Lani Groves, Patti Austin, Vivian CherryWritten-By – Billy Preston, Bruce Fisher
|B3||One Loving Night
Arranged By, Adapted By – Bob JamesPiano, Harpsichord – Bob JamesRecorder [Sopranino] – George MargeSaxophone [Alto Sax] – Dave Sanborn*Saxophone [Tenor Sax] – Grover Washington, Jr.Written-By – Henry Purcell
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Manufactured By – CBS/Sony Inc.
- Bass – Gary King
- Cello – Alan Shulman, Charles McCracken, Jonathan Abramowitz
- Clarinet [Bass], Flute [Alto], Oboe, Saxophone [Alto] – Phil Bodner
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Drums – Andy Newmark
- Engineer [Assistant] – Doug Epstein, Jay Borden, Michael Braver
- Engineer [Recording] – Joe Jorgensen
- English Horn, Flute, Saxophone [Baritone], Oboe, Recorder [Sopranino] – George Marge
- French Horn – Brooks Tillotson, Jim Buffington, Peter Gordon
- Guitar – Eric Gale, Steve Khan
- Harp – Gloria Agostini
- Keyboards – Bob James
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald
- Producer – Bob James
- Programmed By [Synthesizers] – Ed Walsh
- Saxophone [Alto, Tenor], Flute [Alto] – Gerry Niewood
- Saxophone [Alto] – David Sanborn
- Saxophone [Tenor, Soprano] – Michael Brecker
- Saxophone [Tenor], Clarinet, Flute – Eddie Daniels
- Trombone – David Taylor, Tom Mitchell*, Wayne Andre
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – John Frosk, Jon Faddis, Lew Soloff, Marvin Stamm, Randy Brecker
- Vibraphone – Michael Mainieri*
- Viola – Al Brown*, Manny Vardi*, Lamar Alsop
- Violin – Barry Finclair, Diana Halprin, Harold Kohon, Harry Cykman, John Pintavalle, Marvin Morganstern*, Matthew Raimondi, Max Ellen, Max Pollikoff, Paul Gershman
Notes℗1977 CBS Inc.
©1977 Tappan Zee Records, Inc.
Manufactured by CBS/Sony Inc., Tokyo, Japan
Recorded at Media Sound, Sound Mixers and A&R Studios, New York City, May-September 1977.
|JC 34896, 34896||Bob James||Heads (LP, Album)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||JC 34896, 34896||US||1977|
|CSP 40-15418-84||Bob James||Heads / Historia De La Música Rock 84 (Cass)||CBS||CSP 40-15418-84||Spain||1982|
|PC 34896, 34896||Bob James||Heads (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||PC 34896, 34896||US||Unknown|
|DNW 2053||Bob James||Heads (LP, Album)||Tappan Zee Records||DNW 2053||South Africa||1977|
|PC 34896||Bob James||Heads (LP, Album, Gat)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||PC 34896||Canada||1977|