Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra - The Solar-Myth Approach (Vol. 1) download album
Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra – The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1. Genre: Jazz. An amazing record! Really spanning the depths this one, Percussion in full effect, Brass section are on fire and Ra with a minimalistic approach to the keys. The opener Spectrum is one of their most refined compositions, transcending music and moving into pure vibration. Possibily Sun Ra's best if one can make such a claim. This record would also be the perfect introduction to the Arkestra's discography. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Sun Ra & His Solar Arkestra – The Outer Heavens. Sun Ra & His Solar Myth-Arkestra – Scene 1, Take 1. 9:55. Sun Ra & His Solar Myth-Arkestra – Legend. Sun Ra & His Solar Myth-Arkestra – Seen 3, Took 4. 4:23. Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra – Plutonian Nights. Sun Ra and his Myth Science Arkestra – Tapestry From An Asteroid. Sun Ra & His Solar Myth Arkestra – Ra to the Rescue (Chapter 2). 9:06. Sun Ra & His Arkestra – Ancient Aiethiopia. Sun Ra and his Solar-Myth Arkestra – Spectrum (The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1:22. Sun Ra and His Intergalactic Myth Science Solar Arkestra – Door of the Cosmos. Sun Ra and His Solar Myth Arkestra – Legend.
The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1 & 2 CD2. Play. The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. by Sun Ra - 7 Tracks - 42:22. Release date 11/06/2001. Scene One Take One - Original. Sun Ra and His Solar Myth Arkestra. 4. Pyramids - Original. 5. Interpretation - Original. 6. Ancient Ethopia - Original. 7. Strange Worlds - Original.
Sun Ra and his Solar-Myth Arkestra Adventures Of Bugs Hunter (The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1, BYG Actuel 40). (play).
Sun Ra. The Solar-Myth Approach, Vols. They were initially issued as two separate titles - similar to the two-part Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra - by the Belgian BYG Actuel label in 1971. Both volumes consist of mid-fidelity and primarily self-realized and -produced recordings. Despite the claim that these sides were taped in New York City at Sun Studios, Ra discographer Robert L. Campbell notes that by the time these tracks were documented, the Arkestra had ended its . Track Listing - Disc 1. Sample.
They were initially issued as two separate titles – similar to the two-part Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra – by the Belgian BYG Actuel label in 1971. These vocal tracks would be reworked and recycled into Ra's groundbreaking film Space Is the Place. Disc1 1. Spectrum (04:59) 2. Realm Of Lightning (12:21) 3. The Satellites Are Spinning (03:30) 4. Legend (09:53) 5. Seen III, Took 4 (03:27) 6. They'll Come Back (03:49) 7. Adventures Of Bugs Hunter (06:36).
|A2||Realm Of Lightning|
|A3||The Satellites Are Spinning|
|B2||Seen III, Took 4|
|B3||They'll Come Back|
|B4||Adventures Of Bugs Hunter|
- Record Company – Charly Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Sun Studios, New York
- Published By – Enterplanetary Publ.
- Lacquer Cut At – Pye Studios
- Pressed By – Tranco Limited
- Manufactured By – Pye Records (Sales) Ltd.
- Distributed By – Pye Records (Sales) Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Alto Clarinet – Danny Davis
- Alto Saxophone, Oboe, Flute, Piccolo Flute – Marshall Allen
- Baritone Saxophone, Flute – Danny Ray Thompson, Pat Patrick
- Bass – Ronnie Boykins
- Executive-Producer – Jacques Bisceglia
- Lacquer Cut By – T*
- Oboe, Flute, Drum [Ancient Egyptian Infinity Drums] – James Jacson
- Percussion – Clifford Jarvis, Lex Humphries
- Percussion [Hand Drums] – Nimrod Hunt
- Photography By – Jacques Bisceglia
- Piano, Synthesizer [Moog], Electric Organ [Spacemaster], Clavinet ['Clarinet'] – Sun Ra
- Producer – Jean Georgakarakos, Jean-Luc Young
- Sleeve [Sleeve Design] – Bernard Higton
- Sleeve Notes – Richard Williams
- Tenor Saxophone, Percussion – John Gilmore
- Trombone – Ali Hassan, Charles Stevens*
- Trumpet – Kwame Hadi
- Trumpet, Mellophone – Akh Tal Ebah
- Vocals – Art Jenkins, June Tyson
- Written-By, Arranged By – Sun Ra
NotesRecorded: At the Sun Studios, New York, 1970-1971.
All titles published by Enterplanetary Publishers (BMI)
Affinity - A division of Charly Music Ltd.
Cover with satinised finish. White inner sleeve (PATENT Nos. 1,125,555 Made in Great Britain). Label rim with characteristic elevation.
Year of release is not mentioned. Catalogue number sequence dates to 1978. Lacquer was cut in the same year (signature is in this form not appearing after 1978) and the appearance of Pye Records (Sales) Ltd. on the cover rear indicates cover layout until 1978 either.
The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1: MPO pressing variant, made from A-2/B-2 masters by De Lane Lea and CTS Studios respectively.
Recording originally released in 1972 in France in the Actuel-Series of BYG Records.
Release title appears as "The Solar-Myth Approach (Vol.1)" on centre labels and spine, as "THE SOLAR-MYTH APPROACH VOLI" on the cover.
Sun Ra actually played Clavinet which was miscredited as 'Clarinet' in the credit section.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): AFF 10-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): AFF 10-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, etched): AFF·10·A1·△T
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, etched): AFF·10·B1 △T
|529.340, 529 340||Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra*||The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1 (LP, Album)||BYG Records, BYG Records||529.340, 529 340||France||1972|
|529.340||Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra*||The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1 (LP, Album, RE, Lav)||BYG Records||529.340||Unknown|
|FA 4||Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra*||The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1 (LP, Album, RE)||Affinity||FA 4||Italy||1980|
|SPOT 509||Sun Ra And His Solar-Myth Arkestra*||The Solar-Myth Approach (Vol. 1) (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Sunspots||SPOT 509||Italy||2002|
|AFF 10||Sun Ra & His Solar-Myth Arkestra*||The Solar-Myth Approach Vol. 1 (LP, Album, RE)||Affinity||AFF 10||UK||1978|