John Coltrane - The Coltrane Legacy download album
Issued posthumously, it consists of outtakes from recording sessions which yielded the albums Olé Coltrane, Coltrane Plays the Blues, Coltrane's Sound, and Bags & Trane. All selections were previously unreleased. All tracks by John Coltrane except as indicated. Original Untitled Ballad (To Her Ladyship)" (Billy Frazier) – 8:58.
Complete your John Coltrane collection. Because of the multiple session dates there is a tremendous variety of players on this record, including but not limited to: Freddie Hubbard, Eric Dolphy, Milt Jackson, and of course McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones.
John Coltrane - Legacy (CD3) (2002). Songs in album John Coltrane - Legacy (CD3) (2002).
Three of the selections are alternates taken from his Atlantic album with vibraphonist Milt Jackson, "Original Untitled Ballad" (later titled "To Her Ladyship") is from the session that resulted in Coltrane's Ole album with Eric Dolphy and Freddie Hubbard, and the remaining two numbers ("26-2" and "Exotica") find 'Trane meeting up with both pianist McCoy Tyner and drummer Elvin Jones (along. with bassist Steve Davis) on records for the first time. Historically significant music, it's generally quite enjoyable.
Features Song Lyrics for John Coltrane's The Coltrane Legacy album. John Coltrane - The Coltrane Legacy Album Lyrics. John Coltrane Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
Issued posthumously, it consists of outtakes from recording sessions which yielded the albums Olé Coltrane, Coltrane Plays the Blues, Coltrane's Sound, and Bags & Trane. com/The Coltrane Legacy.
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. John Coltrane - The Coltrane Legacy photo images watch: Release title: John Coltrane - The Coltrane Legacy. Style of release: Hard Bop music.
The Coltrane Legacy, 1987. Original Untitled Ballad, 09:06.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – John Coltrane
|A2||Original Untitled Ballad
Written-By – Billy Frazier
Written-By – John Coltrane
Written-By – Harry Edison, Bill Tennyson*
|B2||Stairway To The Stars
Written-By – Frank Signorelli, Matt Malneck*, Mitchell Parish
Written-By – Milt Jackson
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Published By – Jowcol Music
- Published By – Andrew Scott, Inc.
- Published By – Robbins Music
- Published By – MJQ Music
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Alto Saxophone – John Coltrane (tracks: A2)
- Bass – Art Davis (tracks: A2), Paul Chambers (tracks: B1 to B3), Steve Davis (tracks: A1, A3)
- Compiled By, Edited By [Re-Mix Editor] – Ilhan Mimaroglu
- Design [Cover] – Sam Smidt
- Drums – Connie Kay (tracks: B1 to B3), Elvin Jones (tracks: A1 to A3)
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Geoffrey Haslam
- Engineer [Recording] – Phil Ramone (tracks: A2), Tom Dowd (tracks: A1, A3, B1 to B3)
- Flute – Eric Dolphy (tracks: A2)
- Harp [Vibraharp] – Milt Jackson (tracks: B1 to B3)
- Liner Notes – Nat Hentoff
- Photography By [Cover] – Jim Marshall
- Piano – Hank Jones (tracks: B1 to B3), McCoy Tyner (tracks: A1 to A3)
- Producer – Nesuhi Ertegun
- Soprano Saxophone – John Coltrane (tracks: A1 to A3)
- Tenor Saxophone – John Coltrane (tracks: A1, A2, B1 to B3)
- Trumpet – Freddie Hubbard (tracks: A2)
NotesLabel variation with slightly thinner fonts than the font used on this this version.
Pressed at the Presswell Records Mfg. Co., Ancora, NJ. See images of labels, numbers: ST-A-701873 PR and ST-A-701874 PR. The "PR" in those numbers indicates that this version was pressed at Presswell. Details sourced from Discogs member mossinterest.
"Previously unreleased recordings by the John Coltrane Quartet, the John Coltrane Sextet & the Milt Jackson-John Coltrane Group." (back sleeve)
Track A1 and A3 recorded on October 24 & 26, 1960, at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
Track A2 recorded on May 25, 1961, at A & R Studios, New York City.
Track B1 to B3 recorded on January 15, 1959, at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
A1-A3: Jowcol, BMI
B1: Andrew Scott, ASCAP
B2: Robbins, ASCAP
B3: MJQ, BMI
© 1970 Atlantic Recording Corporation
Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Runout Groove): ST-A-701873 PR
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Runout Groove): ST-A-701874 PR
|SD 1553||John Coltrane||The Coltrane Legacy (LP, Comp)||Atlantic||SD 1553||US||1970|
|940 032||John Coltrane||The Coltrane Legacy (LP, Album, Mono)||Atlantic||940 032||France||1970|
|SD 1553||John Coltrane||The Coltrane Legacy (LP, Comp, Promo)||Atlantic||SD 1553||US||1970|
|SD 1553||John Coltrane||The Coltrane Legacy (LP, Comp, 75 )||Atlantic||SD 1553||US||1974|
|SD 1553||John Coltrane||The Coltrane Legacy (LP, RP)||Atlantic||SD 1553||US||2000|