Canned Heat - Future Blues download album
Future Blues is the fifth album by American rock band Canned Heat, released in 1970. It was the last to feature the band's classic lineup, as Larry Taylor and Harvey Mandel departed soon after its release and songwriter Alan Wilson died later that year. It was also the only classic-era Canned Heat studio album to feature Mandel, as Henry Vestine had been the lead guitarist on the previous albums.
Let's Work Together/Very Best Of Canned Heat.
The final Canned Heat album to feature co-founder Alan Wilson, Future Blues was also one of their best, surprisingly restrained as a studio creation by the band, the whole thing clocking in at under 36 minutes, as long as some single jams on their live discs. It was also one of their most stylistically diverse efforts.
Future Blues" is a 1970 album by Canned Heat. It was the last to feature original member and songwriter Alan Wilson. Their cover of "Let's Work Together" by Wilbert Harrison became a hit. "London Blues" features Dr. John. It was re-released on CD in 2002 by MAM productions with five bonus tracks.
Canned Heat - Boogie With Canned Heat (1968 us, classic psych blues rock, 2017 SHM remaster and expanded). In 1967 Canned Heat signed to Liberty Records after appearing at the Monterey Pop Festival. Curt Newbury - Half A Month Of Maydays (1970 us, tremendous west coast folk psych rock) Glass Harp - Synergy (1971 us, amazing guitar bluesy psych rock, 2015 remaster). The Real Gone Music label has just rereleased the out-of-print 1972 cult album Years by Marc Jonson Bonnie Dobson - Bonnie Dobson (1969 canada, divine baroque folk psych, 2006 remaster). Bonnie Dobson Had already acquired legendary; status by the time she recorded this, her eponymous album in 1969.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Eddie Shuler
|A2||Shake It And Break It
Written-By – Alan Wilson*
|A3||That's All Right, Mama
Written-By – Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup
|A4||My Time Ain't Long
Written-By – Alan Wilson*
Piano, Arranged By [Horns] – Dr. JohnWritten-By – Alan Wilson*
|A6||Let's Work Together
Written-By – Wilbert Harrison
Piano – Dr. JohnWritten-By – Alan Wilson*
|B2||So Sad (The World's In A Tangle)
Written-By – Alan Wilson*, Robert Hite, Jr.*, Adolfo De La Parra*, Harvey Mandel, Samuel L. Taylor*
Piano – Ernest LaneWritten-By – Alan Wilson*, Robert Hite, Jr.*, Adolfo De La Parra*, Harvey Mandel, Samuel L. Taylor*
- Record Company – Liberty/UA, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Liberty/UA, Inc.
- Published By – Unart Music Corp.
- Published By – Boogie Music
- Published By – Tek Publishing
- Published By – Kaymar Publishing
- Published By – St. Louis Music Corp.
- Published By – Mozella Music Incorporated
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Engineered At – Annex Studios, Hollywood
- Art Direction – Ron Wolin
- Bass – Samuel Larry Taylor*
- Concept By [Album Cover], Photography By [Front Cover] – Skip Taylor
- Drums – Adolfo "Fito" De La Parra*
- Engineer – David Weichman* (tracks: A6)
- Illustration [Booklet] – Bob Schnepf
- Lead Guitar – Harvey Mandel
- Liner Notes [Grim Harvest] – Alan C. Wilson*
- Mastered By – BERT* (tracks: A-side)
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Herb Kravitz
- Photography By [Inside] – Herb Green*
- Producer – Canned Heat, Skip Taylor
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Tommy Oliver
- Rhythm Guitar, Harmonica – Alan Wilson*
- Vocals – Alan Wilson*, Bob Hite
NotesCat.# LST 11002 on sleeve.
Cat.# LST-11002 on labels.
© Liberty/UA, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif - Printed in U.S.A.
Entertainment from Transamerica Corporation
US repress released in a gatefold sleeve including a 20-page comic booklet titled "Kanned Korn Komix".
Recording and Mixing Engineer: Tommy Oliver
At International Sound Studio (Village Recorders).
Engineered by David Weichman at Annex Studios.
Track A5 misspelled as "Scat" on the label.
Track A1 by Tek Publ.-Kaymar Publ.
Track A3 by St. Louis Music Corp.
Track A6 by Mozella Music, Inc.
Tracks A2, A4, A5, B1 to B3 by Unart Music Corp.-Boogie Music
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped/etched): LST-11002-1 Re 3 II BERT. 114
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped/etched): X[etched] LST-11002-2 Re5 7-10 114
- Rights Society: BMI
|LST-11002||Canned Heat||Future Blues (LP, Album, Res)||Liberty||LST-11002||US||1970|
|LBS 83364||Canned Heat||Future Blues (LP, Album, Gat)||Liberty||LBS 83364||UK||1970|
|EST 13.058||Canned Heat||Future Blues (LP, Album)||Liberty||EST 13.058||Venezuela||1970|
|XC 5142/5162||Canned Heat||Blues Del Futuro (LP, Album)||Liberty||XC 5142/5162||Argentina||Unknown|
|LYC 1192||Canned Heat||Future Blues (LP, Album, Gat)||Liberty||LYC 1192||South Africa||1970|