Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order download album
The album was recorded in guitarist Trey Anastasio's Barn recording studio. Oysterhead was intended to be a single performance, but the project spawned this album and a mini-tour in support of the album
Oysterhead is something of a regional convention for the Other History. Three basement veterans, each of whom have served time as resident oddball in their respective musical families, converge to compare notes and celebrate the obsessively against-the-grain. So, without further ado, I give you the dirty trio: Les Claypool (bassist/leader of Primus), Trey Anastasio (guitarist for Phish), and Stewart Copeland (formerly the drummer for the Police). It's not just his basslines (which would be almost impossible to seamlessly integrate into any musical scenario, save an orchestra of rubber bands), but also his persistent juxtaposition of strange voices and stranger characters. Of course, this applies as much to the band itself as the songs, and that his stamp seems most evident on the proceedings is predictable in hindsight.
Oysterhead seems to be not only keeping their egos and ambitions in check on the album; they actually seem to be having fun doing it. If you have a chance to pick this one up, consider it a priority – this is a record you will still be playing from time to time even years from now. If I ever get a chance to see these guys live, I will undoubtedly consider it the highlight of my social calendar for that year.
Jazz Metal Oysterhead. Band Name Oysterhead. 13. Owner of the World.
Album · 2001 · 13 Songs. 13 Songs, 51 Minutes. Released: 2 Oct 2001. 2001 Elektra Entertainment for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
|2||Oz Is Ever Floating||2:49|
|4||Shadow Of A Man||3:44|
|6||Army's On Ecstasy||4:31|
|8||Polka Dot Rose||3:10|
|10||Wield The Spade||5:48|
|12||The Grand Pecking Order||2:35|
|13||Owner Of The World||2:45|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Entertainment Group Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Entertainment Group Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Recorded At – The Barn, Burlington, VT
- Mixed At – The Plant Studios
- Mastered At – Marcussen Mastering
- Edited At – Marcussen Mastering
- Made By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Y17099
- Coordinator [Mix] – Jill Collins
- Coordinator [Studio] – Beth Montuori
- Design [Logo] – Vance Kelly
- Design, Layout – zoltron.com*
- Edited By [Digitally] – Stewart Whitmore
- Lyrics By – Les Claypool (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11 to 13), MacDonald* (tracks: 10), Stewart Copeland (tracks: 10), Trey Anastasio (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13)
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Toby Wright
- Music By – Les Claypool (tracks: 4, 12), Oysterhead (tracks: 1 to 3, 6 to 8, 10, 11, 13), Trey Anastasio (tracks: 5, 9, 12)
- Painting [Cover], Illustration [Illustrations] – Tim Slowinski
- Performer – Les Claypool, Stewart Copeland, Trey Anastasio
- Photography By – Danny Clinch
- Producer – Oysterhead
- Producer [Production Assistance] – Brad Sands
- Recorded By – Oz Fritz
- Recorded By [Additional] – James Boblak, Jeff Seitz, Leff Lefferts
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Chuck Eller, Jeff Lawson, Pete Carini
NotesRecorded April 2001 at The Barn, Vermont.
Mixed at The Plant, Sausalito, California, May-June 2001.
Mastered and digitally edited for Marcussen Mastering, Hollywood, California.
℗© 2001 Elektra Entertainment Group, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 075596267724
- Matrix / Runout: wea mfg. OLYPHANT Y17099 2 62677-2 05 M1S9
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L903
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U2T
|62677-2||Oysterhead||The Grand Pecking Order (CD, Album, Dig)||Elektra||62677-2||US||2001|
|AMCY-7301||Oysterhead||The Grand Pecking Order (CD, Album)||EastWest Japan||AMCY-7301||Japan||2002|
|2a-62677||Oysterhead||The Grand Pecking Order (CD, Album, Promo)||Elektra||2a-62677||US||2001|
|7559626772||Oysterhead||The Grand Pecking Order (CD, Album)||Elektra||7559626772||Australia||2001|
|62677-2, CD-62677||Oysterhead||The Grand Pecking Order (CD, Album, Dig)||Elektra, Elektra||62677-2, CD-62677||Canada||2001|