Buke And Gass - Riposte download album
Riposte is the debut album of the instrument-building, genre defying duo of Buke and Gass, whose music is loud yet folky, polyrhythmic yet melodic. Brandon Stosuy of Stereogum writes, "They both handle all sorts of foot percussion. but it was Arone Dyer's waling, uplifting, melodic voice that left the biggest impression on me. You hear.
Buke And Gass – Riposte. Label: Brassland – HWY-024. Written-By – Buke And Gass. Written-By – Paul Fuster (tracks: 5, 6). Notes. Track 5 & 6 conceived with the help of Paul Fuster. Produced and recorded at Polyphonic Workshop in Brooklyn, NY. Released in a Gatefold Sleeve. Matrix, Runout: Z90537 4 BRL2 25574-2 TEXT 01.
Complete your Buke And Gass collection.
Artist: Buke and Gass.
Riposte is a music studio album recording by BUKE AND GASE (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 2010 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Studio Album, released in 2010. Songs, Tracks Listing. 1. Medulla Oblongata (2:18) 2. Medicina (3:59) 3. Your Face Left Before You (3:49) 4. Naked Cities (3:10) 5. Sleep Gets Your Ghost (4:38) 6. Revel In Contempt (4:56) 7. Red Hood Came Home (4:56) 8. Horse Head Nebula (0:32) 9. Immoral But Just Fine, Okay (3:57) 10.
Listen free to Buke and Gass – Riposte (Medulla Oblongata, Medicina and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Connect to this site.
Some of what makes Buke and Gass so unique is borne of need- a need to sound like a full band despite having only two members; a need for singer Arone Dyer to find a physically comfortable instrument to play that won't aggravate her carpal tunnel syndrome. Yet the Brooklyn duo's approach to music making goes far beyond simply finding solutions to these problems.
Let's be real clear here: Buke and Gase may have named their band after the unconventional instruments they constructed themselves, and they may have gotten a lot of attention for same, but the songs they play with them would be striking, energetic, unique and catchy as hell even if played on bog-standard Guitar Center kit.
The band derives its name from their two self-made instruments: the buke, played by singer/songwriter Arone Dyer, is a modified six-string baritone ukulele; and the gass, played by Aron Sanchez, is a hybrid bass guitar composed of scrap metals from a 1960s Volvo. Intuitively, these elements make for utterly organic and inventive music that hints at the band's hippie-like sensibility.
Track Listing - 1. Neurosis and Her Sisters (0:36) 11. Bundletuck (3:55) 12. Page Break (1:51) 13.
|A3||Your Face Left Before You|
|A5||Sleep Gets Your Ghost|
|A6||Revel In Contempt|
|B7||Red Hood Came Home|
|B8||Horse Head Nebula|
|B9||Immoral But Just Fine, Okay|
|B10||Neurosis + Her Sisters|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Brassland
- Copyright (c) – Brassland
- Lacquer Cut At – Chicago Mastering Service
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-75880
- Artwork – Buke & Gass*
- Guitar [Gass], Percussion, Vocals, Other [Ends + More] – Aron Sanchez
- Lacquer Cut By [This Vinyl Release Mastered By] – Bob Weston*
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Aron Sanchez
- Percussion [Rice + Salt] – Daniel Pearce (tracks: A3)
- Producer, Recorded By – Buke & Gass*
- Saxophone [Saxophonics], Bass Clarinet [Bass Clarinetics], Brass [Other] – Colin Stetson (tracks: A1, A4, A6, B9)
- Songwriter [All Songs By] – Buke & Gass*
- Songwriter [Conceived With The Help Of] – Paul Fuster (tracks: A5, A6)
- Vocals, Ukulele [Buke], Instruments [Bulbultarang], Percussion, Other [Odds + Suchness] – Arone Dyer
- Words By – Arone Dyer
NotesIssued with a printed inner sleeve with photo, lyrics, and credits.
Includes download code card.
℗ and © 2010 Brassland.
Produced + Recorded at Polyphonic workshop in Brooklyn
Tracks are listed sequentially.
Buke And Gass use handmade instruments such as the "buke," a six-string former-baritone ukulele; and the "gase," a guitar-bass hybrid.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 32662 55741 9
- Barcode: 632662557419
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A, hand-etched): 8506-BRL125574-1-A 5-75879 HWY-024-A [sideways peace sign]BW110221 THE TWO-TOED TREE TOAD TIP-TOED THREE TOES TO THE TOP, THEN STOPPED.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B, hand-etched): S-75880 8506-BRL125574-1-B [sideways peace sign]BW110221 HEAVENLY - WHAT ONCE A BEARDED TOOTH NOW GRINNED TOO SHARP FOR PRECISION.
|HWY-024||Buke And Gass||Riposte (CD, Album)||Brassland||HWY-024||US||2010|
|HWY-024||Buke & Gass*||Riposte (CDr, Album, Promo)||Brassland||HWY-024||US||2010|
|HSE-50067||Buke And Gass||Riposte (CD)||Hostess Entertainment Unlimited||HSE-50067||Japan||2011|