John Mayall - John Mayall Plays John Mayall download album
John Mayall Plays John Mayall is the debut album by John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, released in 1965, Decca LK 4680. This album was recorded live at Klooks Kleek on 7 December 1964. Roger Dean stated in an interview that they ran cables out of the window of the club to the Decca Studio about 100 yards away for this recording. Crawling Up a Hill" (John Mayall) - 2:21. I Wanna Teach You Everything" (Mayall) - 3:05. When I'm Gone" (Smokey Robinson) - 3:08.
Complete your John Mayall collection. Looks like a reasonably thorough coverage of Mayall's Bluesbreakers work.
More albums from John Mayall: Thru The Years by John Mayall. The Diary Of A Band (Volume One) by John Mayall. Pop History Vol. 7 by John Mayall. Chicago Line by John Mayall. A Hard Core Package by John Mayall. The Last Of The British Blues by John Mayall. The Masters – Music From The Original Film Soundtrack The Turning Point by John Mayall. Ten Years Are Gone Vo. by John Mayall. View all albums . John Mayall Plays John Mayall. By: John Mayall (1965, Funk, Soul). 1. Crawling Up A Hill. 2. I Wanna Teach You Everything.
John Mayall's debut album, recorded live in December 1964, is a little unjustly overlooked, as it was recorded shortly before the first of the famous guitarists schooled in the Bluesbreakers (Eric Clapton) joined the band. With Roger Dean on guitar (and the rhythm section who'd play on the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton album, bassist John McVie and drummer Hughie Flint), it has more of a rock/R&B feel, rather like the early Rolling Stones, than the purer bluesier material Mayall would usually stick to in his subsequent recordings.
John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers. Overview (current section).
Songs from Plays John Mayall by John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers. Free download and listen Plays John Mayall. John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers. Tracks count: 17. Views: 22. John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - Runaway 02:34. John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - Heartache 03:14. John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - I Wanna Teach You Everything 03:08.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Crawling Up A Hill||2:22|
|2||I Wanna Teach You Everything||3:08|
|3||When I'm Gone||3:12|
|4||I Need Your Love||4:11|
|5||The Hoot Owl||2:41|
|R & B Time:||(2:23)|
Written-By – Jimmy Forrest, Lewis C. Simpkins*, Oscar Washington
Written-By – Albert Collins , Richard Penniman
|8||What's The Matter With You||2:36|
|13||Crawling Up A Hill||2:15|
|16||Blues City Shakedown||2:22|
|17||My Baby Is Sweeter
Written-By – Willie Dixon
- Record Company – Universal Music Operations Ltd.
- Recorded At – Klooks Kleek, London
- Recorded At – Decca Studios
- Remastered At – The Audio Archiving Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Decca Music Group Limited
- Copyright (c) – Decca Music Group Limited
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 51794241
- Bass Guitar – John McVie
- Compiled By, Research, Reissue Producer, Liner Notes [Reissue] – Mark Powell
- Coordinator [Project Co-ordinated By] – Joe Black
- Design [Cd Package] – Phil Smee
- Design [Cover Design] – Peter Ward
- Drums – Hughie Flint
- Engineer [Recording] – Derek Varnals, Gus Dudgeon, Terry Johnson
- Guitar – Roger Dean
- Liner Notes [Original] – Alexis Korner
- Photography By – David Morse
- Recording Supervisor – Tony Clarke
- Remastered By – Paschal Byrne
- Research [Assistance With Tape Research] – Jayne Byrne
- Tenor Saxophone, Saxophone [Slide] – Nigel Stanger (tracks: 5, 6, 9, 12)
- Vocals, Harmonica, Guitar [9 String], Keyboards [Cembalett], Organ, Design [Cover Design] – John Mayall
- Written-By – John Mayall (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 16)
NotesIncludes 16 page booklet.
Tracks 1 to 12 recorded live at Klooks Kleek, The Railway Hotel, West Hampstead, London, on December 7, 1964.
Track 17 recorded at Decca Studios, West Hampstead, London, on February 26, 1965.
Tracks 1 to 12 originally released as LP " John Mayall Plays John Mayall " in 1965.
Tracks 13 & 14 originally released as single A and B-side in May 1964.
Tracks 15 & 16 originally released as single A and B-side in April 1965.
Track 17 originally released on compilation " Thru the Years " in October 1971.
℗ 1965 ℗ & © 2006 Decca Music Group Limited
Made in the E.U.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 602498417799
- Label Code: LC 00171
- Matrix / Runout: [Universal logos] 06024 984 177-9 01 ✳︎ 51794241
- Matrix / Runout (Mould): Made in Germany by EDC B
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0139
- Rights Society: BIEM / SABAM
|LK 4680, LK.4680||John Mayall||John Mayall Plays John Mayall (LP, Album, Mono)||Decca, Decca||LK 4680, LK.4680||UK||1965|
|6.30122-01||John Mayall||John Mayall Plays John Mayall (LP, Album)||Decca||6.30122-01||Germany||Unknown|
|GB 495||John Mayall||John Mayall Live (Cass, Album)||Golden Bridge||GB 495||Unknown|
|LK 4680||John Mayall||John Mayall Plays John Mayall (LP, Album, Mono, RP)||Decca||LK 4680||UK||1968|
|846 042 XBY||John Mayall And The Bluesbreakers*||Live At Klooks Kleek (LP, Album)||Decca||846 042 XBY||Netherlands||1969|