Dodos - No Color download album
1. Black Night Lyrics. Ask us a question about this album. Top No Color scholars. Producers John Askew. Writers Logan Kroeber & Meric Long. More The Dodos albums. Show all albums by The Dodos.
No Color (CD, Album). No Color (CD, Album, Promo).
Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: October 19, 2018 - The Dodos – Certainty Waves (2018).
Meric Long, Logan Kroeber, and Keaton Snyder are joined by Neko Case on over half of No Color; though her clarion vocals could easily overpower other collaborators, she provides a yin to their relentless yang, softening some of Dodos' edges without dulling their impact. Her harmonies trail behind Good 's galloping guitar interplay alluringly, but she matches the band’s switches from china-shop delicacy to bullish raging on Going Under at every turn
That album really was ridiculous, which is where a lot of its appeal lies: it carried great emotional weight on its back ( Undeclared, obviously), and it explored it so intensely that everything came out. At fourteen songs, Visiter was the Dodos in pursuit of every little thing, and it suited a band so frantic. It’s an album length so abrupt it sort of harkens back to how mad the whole Viister thing was. And what is so great about No Color is that it unravels the crazy patterns in the Dodos’ sound in a completely different way. It allows them to discover what they can do with their songs rather than what their songs can do to their album.
Lyrically, No Color is a step in a new direction for Dodos- for mostly better.
No Color may be lacking a few things – notably, a vibraphonist and a suave producer – but color is certainly not one of them, as this album is a great triumph in rich sound, controlled chaos and indelible melodies. On this fourth outing, we find the Dodos simply a duo again – and Meric Long’s intricate strumming and serenading vocals swirling together with Logan Kroeber’s frenetic drumming are all back in top form
Album · 2011 · 10 Songs. In what is best described as aggressive folk, the Dodos focus on galloping, intricate drum patterns, sudden tempo changes, and slyly shifting guitar parts on their adventurous fourth release
|5||Don't Try And Hide||3:46|
|6||When Will You Go||4:36|
- Design – The Cardboarbox Project
- Drums – Logan Kroeber
- Guitar, Piano – Meric Long
- Mastered By – Roger Seibel
- Percussion – Keaton Snyder, Logan Kroeber
- Photography By [Album] – Matt Kennedy
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – John Askew
- Strings [Arrangements] – Minna Choi (tracks: 3, 4)
- Strings [Performed] – Erin Wang, Ivo Bokulic, Philip Brezina, Steph Bibbo
- Strings [Recorded By] – Jay Pellicci
- Vibraphone – Keaton Snyder
- Vocals – Meric Long
- Vocals [Additional] – Neko Case (tracks: 2 to 5, 8)
|WEBB291CDL||Dodos*||No Color (CD, Album)||Wichita||WEBB291CDL||Europe||2011|
|WEBB291LP||The Dodos||No Color (LP, Album)||Wichita||WEBB291LP||US||2011|
|FKR047-2||The Dodos||No Color (CD, Album)||Frenchkiss Records||FKR047-2||US||2011|
|WEBB291CD||The Dodos||No Color (CD)||Wichita||WEBB291CD||2011|
|FKR047||The Dodos||No Color (LP, Album)||Frenchkiss Records||FKR047||US||2011|