Various - The Great American Rock 'N' Roll Revival (30 Sides By The Original Artists) Volume One download album
Bill Haley & His Comets. Shake, Rattle & Roll. B1. –Dion (3). The Wanderer. The Great American Rock 'N' Roll Revival (30 Sides By The Original Artists) (2xLP, Comp, Mono, Club).
Various - The Great American Rock 'N' Roll Revival Volume Two (30 Sides By The Original Artists) MP3 version. A1. –The Isley Brothers. A2. –Dion & The Belmonts.
Toronto Rock 'n' Roll Revival 1969, Volume IV is a live album of the Alice Cooper Band. Due to the fact that the recording is owned by a private party, it is unauthorized but not a bootleg. It features Alice Cooper's infamous chicken-throwing performance at the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival festival at Varsity Stadium in Toronto on September 13, 1969 and showcases the early psychedelic music style of Cooper and his band in support of their very first album release, Pretties for You.
The 11th volume of this venerated series is split about half between out-and-out classics from rock & roll's first decade and considerably lesser-known (and usually much lower-charting) items from the same period. Still, there's no arguing with the first-rate status of many of the big hits here, including great smashes by LaVern Baker ("Jim Dandy"), Dion ("Ruby Baby"), Mickey & Sylvia ("Love Is Strange"), Shirley & Lee ("Let the Good Times Roll"), Jimmy Bowen ("I'm Stickin' with You"), Hank Ballard ("Finger Poppin' Time"), and Nervous Norvus ("Transfusion," a novelty so gruesome it still remains. astonishing it made the Top Ten in 1956).
How fundamentally badass is Creedence Clearwater Revival? They appeal to everybody over the age of embryo and younger than 102. Men and women. For all the talk of John Fogerty tapping into the Great American Myth, what makes CCR the greatest rock ‘n’ roll band this country has ever produced was anything but myth.
By 1958 rock'n'roll reached the UK. But it was Cliff Richard and Marty Wilde, not Elvis Presley and Dion & the Belmonts. By 1956 there were hundreds of small record companies in the US pouring out rock'n'roll and rhythm and blues records. By 1958 there were thousands, tens of thousands and they were hitting the top ten pop charts. All through this hive of activity the big four UK companies: EMI, Decca, Pye and Philips retained their stranglehold, and so did the Light Programme. This 30 track CD celebrates the American hits of the smaller independents from 1954 to 1963. There are 21 Top 10 American hits here, all but one made the Top 30. More importantly, all are mastered off the finest tapes still surviving. Most CDs from other UK reissue companies that cover this ground, have had to resort to disc dubs through lack of knowledge of best sources.
Artists P Petula Clark The Great American Rock 'N' Roll Revival. subtitle: 30 sides by the original artists. More Albums by Petula Clark.
|A2||–B.J. Thomas||Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head|
|A4||–The Belmonts||Come On Little Angel|
|A5||–The Shirelles||Soldier Boy|
|A6||–Dionne Warwick||Don't Make Me Over|
|A7||–B.J. Thomas||Hooked On A Feeling|
|A8||–Bill Haley & His Comets*||Shake, Rattle & Roll|
|B2||–The Five Discs||I Remember|
|B3||–The Skyliners||Since I Don't Have You|
|B4||–Curtis Lee||Pretty Little Angel Eyes|
|B5||–Del Shannon||Little Town Flirt|
|B6||–Gene Pitney||Town Without Pity|
|B7||–Dion & The Belmonts||I Wonder Why|
|C1||–Gene Pitney||Only Love Can Break A Heart|
|C2||–Ernie Maresca & The Belmonts||Rockin' Boulevard Street|
|C3||–The Beach Boys||Surfer Girl|
|C4||–Bill Haley & His Comets*||See You Later Alligator|
|C5||–Dion||Lovers Who Wander|
|C7||–The Jarmels||A Little Bit Of Soap|
|C8||–The Skyliners||This I Swear|
|D1||–Del Shannon||Hats Off To Larry|
|D2||–The Chiffons||He's So Fine|
|D3||–The Five Discs||Rock & Roll Revival|
|D4||–Dion||Love Came To Me|
|D5||–Ernie Maresca||Child Of Clay|
|D6||–The Shirelles||Dedicated To The One I Love|
|D7||–Dion & The Belmonts||No One Knows|
- Manufactured By – Laurie Productions, Inc.
- Distributed By – Laurie Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Laurie Productions, Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Published By – Bug Music
- Published By – Jac Music
- Published By – Blue Seas
- Published By – Rust Enterprises
- Published By – Schwartz Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Ludix Publ. Co.
- Published By – ABKCO Music, Inc.
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI
- Published By – Unichappell Music
- Published By – Calico Music
- Published By – S-P-R Music
- Published By – United Artists Music
- Published By – Arch Music Co.
- Published By – Ernie Maresca, Inc.
- Published By – Guild Music
- Published By – Just Music Corp.
- Published By – Robert Mellin Music
- Published By – Bright Tunes Music
- Published By – Duchess Music
- Mastered At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Art Direction – Joseph R. Cammilleri
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): LES 4029 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): LES 4029 B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C label): LES 4029 C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D label): LES 4029 D
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): P LES 4029A-1C COLUMBIA NY C
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): LES 4029B-1E A
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout): P LES 4029C-1D A
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout): P LES 4029D-1C COLUMBIA NY C
- Pressing Plant ID: P
- Rights Society (A1, A3 to A5, A7 to B1, B4, B5, C1 to C7, D1 to D3, D5, D6): BMI
- Rights Society (A2, A3, A6, B2, B3, B6, B7, C5, C8, D4, D7): ASCAP
|LES 4029||Various||The Great American Rock 'N' Roll Revival (30 Sides By The Original Artists) (2xLP, Comp, Mono, Club)||Laurie Records||LES 4029||US||1980|