Cameo - Word Up! download album
Word Up!" is a funk and R&B song originally recorded by American funk band Cameo in 1986. The song was written by band members Larry Blackmon and Tomi Jenkins. Its frequent airing, on American dance and R&B radio, as well as its MTV music video (in which LeVar Burton appears as a police detective trying to arrest the band), helped the single become the band's best known hit.
Word Up! is an album by American funk/R&B group Cameo, released in 1986. The album made Cameo one of the most successful bands of the 1980s and includes two of their biggest hit singles, "Word Up!" and "Candy". Tracks 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7 published by All Seeing Eye Music-Better Days Music. Tracks 4 & 5 published by All Seeing Eye Music-Better Days Music-Better Nights Music. Larry Blackmon – lead vocals, bass guitar, drums, percussion, backing vocals. Tomi Jenkins – lead vocals, backing vocals.
Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your Cameo collection. I so love the A-side of this album that I barely know the B-side! Word Up, Back and Forth, but my favourite is Candy, amazing song!!
ALBUM FLASHBACK CAMEO (SINGLE LIFE ALBUM). 637 видео Воспроизвести все Lol songscarolyn mccully. ALBUM FLASHBACK NEW JACK CITY SOUNDTRACK.
Album Word Up! Word Up Lyrics. Oh! Yo, pretty ladies around the world Got a weird thing to show you So tell all the boys and girls Tell yo brother, yo sister And yo momma too 'Cause we're about to throw down And you'll know just what to do Wave your hands in the air Like you don't care Glide by the people as they
Features Song Lyrics for Cameo's Word Up album. Back and Forth Lyrics. 10. Word Up (7" Vocal Version) Lyrics. Cameo Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Cameo Lyrics.
Word Up!" Yo, pretty ladies around the world Got a weird thing to show you so tell all the boys and girls Tell your brother, your sister and your mama too 'Cause we're about to throw down and you'll know just what to do. Wave your hands in the air like you don't care Glide by the people as they start to look and stare Do your dance, do your dance, do your dance quick, mama Come on, baby, tell me what's the word
Word Up bass tab. by Cameo. Here's the variation that shows up after the first time the main part is played, and other parts of the song: S S S. S S . .S. G -2-r-2-r-2-r-2- D - A -s-s-s- E t-X--t-0
Both commercially and creatively, Word Up! was a major triumph for Cameo.
|A3||Back And Forth||6:30|
|B1||Don't Be Lonely||5:12|
|B3||Fast, Fierce & Funny||4:07|
|B4||You Can Have The World||4:36|
- Made By – Polygram Dischi S.p.A.
- Marketed By – Polygram Dischi S.p.A.
- Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Crispin Cioe
- Arranged By [Vocals, Horns] – Cameo, Larry Blackmon
- Art Direction – Bill Levy
- Backing Vocals – Nathan Leftenant, Willie Morris
- Bass – Aaron Mills
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Michael Burnett
- Design – Koppel & Scher, Paula Scher
- Drum Programming – Sammy Merendino
- Engineer – Jerry Solomon, Larry Alexander, Michel Sauvage
- Engineer [Assistant] – Henry Falco
- Engineer, Mixed By – Eric Calvi, Matthew "Krash" Kasha*
- Guitar – Patrick Buchanon*
- Guitar, Backing Vocals – Charlie Singleton
- Keyboards – Bernard Wright, Eric Rehl, Kenni Hairston, Kevin Kendrick, Merve DePeyer*
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Tomi Jenkins
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Drums, Percussion, Bass – Larry Blackmon
- Mastered By – José Rodriguez
- Mixed By – Alan Meyerson, Dave Ogrin
- Other [Clothes Design] – Jean Paul Gaultier
- Other [Hair & Make-up] – John Dellaria
- Other [Stylist] – Toyce Anderson
- Percussion – Duduka Fonseca*, Giovanni Hidalgo, Steve Thornton
- Photography By – Chris Callas*
- Producer – Larry Blackmon
- Programmed By [Synclavier] – Peter Scherer
- Saxophone – Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker
- Saxophone, Backing Vocals – Melvin Wells
- Tenor Saxophone – Arno Hecht
- Trombone – Robert Funk*
- Trumpet – Paul Litteral
- Written-By – A. Matthews* (tracks: B2), K. Kendrick* (tracks: A3, B1), L. Blackmon* (tracks: A1 to A3, B2 to B4), N. Leftenant* (tracks: A3, B1 to B4), T. Jenkins* (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3, B4), W. Morris* (tracks: B1)
NotesProduced for Atlanta Artists.
(P) PolyGram Records Inc.
Quad City Recording Studios, N.Y. City
Counter Point Studio, N.Y. City
Power Station Studio, N.Y. City
Sounds Ideas Studio, N.Y. City
Mixed at Quad City Recording Studios, N.Y. City
Mastered at Sterling Sound, N.Y. City
Made and marketed in Italy by Polygram Dischi S.p.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: SIAE
|830 265-1 M-1, 422-830 265-1 M-1||Cameo||Word Up! (LP, Album, 53-)||Atlanta Artists, Atlanta Artists||830 265-1 M-1, 422-830 265-1 M-1||US||1986|
|830 265-2||Cameo||Word Up! (CD, Album, RE)||Mercury||830 265-2||US||Unknown|
|830 265-2 M-1, 830 265-2||Cameo||Word Up! (CD, Album)||Mercury, Mercury||830 265-2 M-1, 830 265-2||Europe||1986|
|830 265-2||Cameo||Word Up! (CD, Album, RE)||Spectrum Music , Mercury||830 265-2||UK||Unknown|
|830 265-1||Cameo||Word Up (LP, Album)||Mercury, PolyGram Greece||830 265-1||Greece||1986|